- Other people’s cultures do not exist for white people to seek their spiritual enlightenment
- No one owes you an education, and initiation, or a history lesson simply because ‘you want’
- No one has to include you in things because ‘you want’
- No one has to hold their tongue, sweeten their words, or chop up sentences to make white people feel better about history- colonization, slavery, genocide, ect.
- No one should be ‘grateful’ to you for your interest in said culture
You’d know if you’d heard Meghan Trainor’s body acceptance anthem “All About That Bass” before. Because if you had, you’d still be hearing it right now in your head. Over. And over. And over. Since…
"This whole concept of not-fat women believing they need to call attention to their not-fat bodies in order to promote body acceptance baffles me. “
This a gabillion times over. It doesn’t baffle me, though. It completely pisses me off.
every time i saw this stupid video and horrible song pop up on tumblr or anywhere these last couple weeks, my whole body went stiff, a lightning cloud formed around me and i shot lasers out of my eyes (i wish)
"Of the four back-up dancers in the video, one is white. Trainor is shown flanked by two black women several times, including a scene where the women seem to be enthusiastically encouraging her dancing. […]We white people love to see ourselves getting approval from black people. We just don’t want our societal standing challenged, because that makes us deeply uncomfortable”
"This particular racial trope [of ‘booty’] has been used by white people to objectify, fetishize, and sexualize black women by our media and our white supremacist culture, then white girls apply it to themselves in a positive context. When Trainor calls attention to the size of her butt and calls it a booty, we’re supposed to laud her as being body positive and a strong feminist, but she can’t ‘bring booty back,’ because it was never used to stereotype her to begin with."
anxiety in one screenshot
this is my faviorite king of the hill joke and it’s only 5 seconds long and king of the hill isn’t on netflix anymore and it’s not free on amazon prime anymore either, so i had to rely on a dubbed anime website to find it
i think about this a lot